Re: A Debian Who is Who

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 10:35:21AM -0600, Graham Wilson wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 01:20:06PM -0800, Brian Nelson wrote:
> > Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:
> > > For amusement, also see http://master.debian.org/~edd/karma.txt
> > > which ranks people's number of packages with adjustments for number of
> > > outstanding bugs!
> >
> > Ha, Kitame is both in the top 5 and bottom 3.  /me wonders if that's
> > intentional...
>
> which gets me thinking, dirk, should the script you use to calculate
> karma work case-insensitively?

The karma.pl script blindly follows ... where the maintainer itself leads.
It just picks the info off the Debian BTS and package db (I've forgotten the
details as I wrote this a long time ago). See the code itself -- Kitame must
have used different values in his debian/control fields.

Proper "normalization" for maintainers would be nice, but it essentially
requires a human to edit a master database and keep it up to date. An
unrealistic goal if you ask me.

Dirk

--
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future.
				             -- Niels Bohr