Re: Debian Question Regarding Postgresql Replication

	Hi,

I'm not from Debian, but I'm just curious about your question...

Le mardi 25 novembre 2003 à 17h42 (-0500), cbeasley écrivait :
> I am working to find a replication solution for my employers Postgresql Databases.  The company has tested and taken a great liking to Debian and has a plan to set it as a company standard.

Good idea.

> However, we use Postgresql Databases and it seems that none of the postgresql projects claim to support Debian.

Using PostgreSQL is independant from the Linux distribution, IMHO.
Why should these projects claim "we support this platform"?

> Before I proceed with attempting to compile and test feasibility of the various projects available I wanted to know if there has been any solution successfully implemented within the Debian OS to your knowledge.

The Debian distribution include packages for using PostgreSQL, as a server
(version 7.2.1 in Debian stable) as well as for PostgreSQL development and
many tools linked with the PostgreSQL libraries.

Anything that can run with PostgreSQL 7.2.1 should run within Debian.
It does not depend on the Linux distribution but on the PostgreSQL
version instead!

> Any information you could provide would be of great assistance.  The alternative I am trying to avoid is arguing the case for reverting back to RedHat.  Again, the company has grown really fond of the many benefits of using your OS.  Thank you in advance for any information that may be offered.

Hope this help, regards,
--
J.C. "プログフ" ANDRÉ <jean-christophe.andre@auf.org> http://www.vn.refer.org/
Coordonnateur technique régional / Associé technologie projet Reflets (CODA)