Better package organization

Dear Sir or Madam,

  I have the experience in installing most of the popular GNU/Linux system
distributions, like Red Hat, Mandrake and Debian. I think that the Debian
package system is the best package system. Thank you!
  But I see the way to make it really better!

   First, I propound you to make the detailed classification of packages,
like in the International Patent Classification (IPC) or US Patent
Classification (you can browse it at http://www.uspto.gov).

   Second, and maybe more important: It will be very helpful to have the
following infarmation about each package (program):

   2.1. the prototypes of this program (the programs/applications that can
do the same things as this program can do, for example, iptables have
ipchains as prototype). It would be helpful to add the back-relationships
from the old programs to the new ones (from ipchains to iptables). If I
know about one program I can find another better program.

   2.2. Describe the differences between this program and its prototypes.
So users can easly find the program within classification and make the
final choice with the help of prototypes and differences.

  All this information should be added by the author of the package.

  Thank you for reading this letter.

                  I wish you *.* good things! Stay Free (as in Freedom)!

                               Paul.

http://mail2web.com/ .