Re: Debian default intallation with 2.2 kernel

Moin Robert!
Robert Ribnitz schrieb am Saturday, den 07. June 2003:

> I think the reason behind using a 2.2. kernel is (was?) that it works on
> all architectures. So the 'default debian install' will also work on

No. We use different kernels on different architectures. The main reason
was the dogma "we will release Woody in 2001" and until the end of 2001
the 2.4 kernels for i386 were just not stable. Some people insisted on
this decission and so Woody got 2.2 as default, though it was not too
late to set bf2.4 as the default kernel for CD-ROMs on i386.

MfG,
Eduard.
--
<Woglinde> bobby locales einstellen