Re: defekte debian cds

[Elenio: This is an English list.
I'm nor German nor English natively but I tried...]

He wrote:
###
Hello,
I'm elenio m.,
I've some time ago ordered "Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 Personal".  However when the 8 cd's, the handbook, etc. arrived, I was so unfortunate to conclude that all the cd's where damaged and the handbook looked like it had been lying in water for some time!

Now I have the problem that the shop where I ordered won't send another set, nor will it give my money back.

What can I do now?
I don't feel like spending once more that much money!
The possibility to download is not an alternative for me, only already for the fact that I need the handbook, because I'm completely new to Linux.

So what can I do now?
Is there the possibility to call special "Internet policemen"?

Thanks for your time/trouble.
###

I'm afraid there is no way Debian can help you.  The vendors of cd's are completely independent of Debian.  The only way you can persuade them to do something (I think) is by local (national) law.

If it's only the handbook which is bothering you for the download I would have a look at www.debian.org.  It would surprise me if there is no translation in German of the installation guides and other doc's.  And after all I don't think it is that much more difficult than any other installation :-).

floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The power of freedom