will it run programs like ...

Frustrated with Windows 98 and Microsoft, I'm looking at moving to Linux. I've been told that Debian is a good way to go, particularly for a Linux beginner. I'm hoping to use it on a home office computer, using applications such as Pagemaker, Photoshop, WordPerfect, Excel, Dreamweaver and a multitude of games.

QUESTION: Will Debian run these programs and PC games? (I'm not a programmer and only some basic code .... but I loved Windows 3.1 when you could type or view code.)

Thanks in advance for your help and time.

Bob Frank
rfrank@wsu.edu
thefranks@spocom.com

Robert Frank