Re: debian unmanageable?

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 14:25, Dmitry Borodaenko wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 01:06:52PM +0100, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
>  ADvB> With the difference that somebody who's likely to do something
>  ADvB> like that would with a very very high probability never be
>  ADvB> trusted doing any important thing.
>
> Really? Looking at president of my country (Belarus), not to mention
> some others, I wouldn't entrust him with power over my bathroom, but
> behold, he is already trusted by millions of people...

I honestly doubt he's trusted by millions of people. If Belorus was a
volounteer driven project, he wouldn't lead it - people would be going
away. But the real world is not the issue here, you can't fork
Belorus...

To make another comparison: The Linux Kernel is a project that is lead
in the benign-dictator model that was the original proposal. There are
occasional difficulties, but it sort of works.

(I don't say it would work in the case of Debian. I only say it works
well enough for some projects.)

cheers
-- vbi

--