Re: Disputes between developers - content, draft #4

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 12:00:47AM -0500, Duncan Findlay wrote:
> Many of my modifications have been grammar related. I agree with
> Branden's comments (although I think he may have phrased them a little
> harshly) regarding personal idiosyncrasies in your writing. Read the
> diff to see my suggestions. (I'm not going to dissect them line by
> line.) But here are some overall comments about grammar.

Can I suggest that it would be helpful to leave minor grammar and
(particularly) typographical issues out of this discussion? They're
certainly useful suggestions that could be applied if we ever manage to
get to the point where debian-www are asked to format something into the
house style for inclusion on our web site, but they seem to be just
distractions here.

Basically, it seems to me that good practice should be the same as when
editing code: keep stylistic changes separate from substantive changes,
and when the substance is not agreed upon don't get too worried about
the style.

Cheers,