Re: why Ian Jackson won't discuss the "disputes" document draft with me

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 01:27:23PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>  Ian> I'm going to digress here somewhat on the `lurkers support me in
>  Ian> email' question:
>
> 	I a going to outright reject that these hypothetical lurkers
>  have any bearing on a public social document that is supposed to
>  govern the behaviour of the project members. A document like this
>  needs to be processed in the public arenas; if these groupies
>  actually do exists, I suggest they make their voices heard.
>
> 	I am tired of the impression that people have that important
>  business in the project gets conducted behind closed doors by cigar
>  chomping old boys of the cabal. So please stand up and be counted,
>  people.

I've been lurking on this issue, and I must voice my opinion AGAINST
the proposal as it stands now. Firstly, it seems to me at least that
it has been brought forth entirely by Ian Jackson, with little or no
support from the Technical Committee he claims he represents.
Secondly, logical suggestions from developers have gone unconsidered.
If it were to be approved, I'd simply ignore it.

However, I think this argument is somewhat pointless (and quite
ironic).

The argument right now is:

"Ian Jackson, and some other members of debian-project, say that
everyone should try to get along, in a way that he proposes. Branden
Robinson, and some other members of debian-project insist that we get
along in a somewhat different way. Both want to fight over it."

--
Duncan Findlay