Re: Disputes between developers - draft guidelines

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 12:25:09AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> 1) "flamage" appears in The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing and the
> Jargon file; "flameage" appears in neither.  It might be best to avoid
> this word altogether and substitute something like "emotional
> rhetoric".

Flames don't have to be rhetorical; example:

> Anyone considering voting for me, don't, because none of you moronic pieces
> of shit are worthy of my leadership.

Although this one is:

> What!? That is by far the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard. When did
> you become such a dumbfuck?

> 4) "Slanging match" may be a little too colloquial for a formal
> document with an international audience.

It also happens to be misspelled, it should have been "slagging
match".

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK