Re: irc.debian.org

On Sat, Aug 17, 2002 at 04:03:42PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> What some of the most vocal partecipants of this thread do not say is
> that they have been former OPN staff members or servers sponsors.
> I see a lot of politics playing here, and this is annoying.
>

> (Full disclosure: I am a OPN staff member and server sponsor and this is
> why I do not think it's appropriate for me to comment on these issues.
> Sadly many other people are not showing the same fair play.)

Oh, but you are mistaken, in two ways:

Involvement from IRCers as positive because they actually take part in this
service and know it better than someone that doesn't use it.

Involvement from anyone in Debian, even if they are no longer on IRC, is
positive because the issue here isn't about the exact number of fundraising
messages that get sent per day, but of a principle -- do we consider the
idea that some service admins can ask for money to keep doing what they and
others have been doing for free until now, justified and appropriate?

Oh, and I resent the fact that you accuse unnamed people of being
politicians, and then fail to provide actual arguments other than seemingly
non-controversial facts.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.