Re: Looking to debian as main Linux distro

Franklin Castillo wrote:
> Hi, I've been using linux for like a year now, I've
> found that the distribution that I've been using most
> of the time has everything I need but it's only
> problem is that X constantly crashes, so now Im
> looking to debian for a change, I went to the ftp site
> and got confused on which folders to download, I have
> a pentium based pc so I went to the binary-i386 folder
> if I remember correctly, could you please tell me
> which folder do I need to download to have what I

Please see && read:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/
or
http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/

> need, in a linux distribution I need the basic linux
> tools, internet and networking tools, the c++ compiler
> and X-Windows. Please help

It's X, X11 or the X Window System, but not X-Windows btw.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Testing?  What's that?  If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect.