Re: Best Packaging Practices - collecting ideas (and texts!)

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 06:55:21PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > * Handling multiple binary packages (and let debhelper do most of the
> >   job).
>
> I guess it's tightly related to the multiple configure-make cycles
> proposition ...

If I have understood correctly the titles they aren't strictly related.

(1) Multiple configure-make cycles
(2) Handling multiple binary package

(1) implies (2)
but
(2) doesn't imply (1)

One which needs (1) probably have to know hot to handle multiple binary
package, but not the contrary. IMO is better to keep these topics split.
If a newcomer DD is looking for an example on how to set up a control
file with multiple entries and how to use dh_movefiles stuff, why point
it to a package which have multiple configure-make cycles?

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro