Re: Working on debian developer's reference and "best packaging practices"

* Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> [020502 09:54]:
> Le Thu, May 02, 2002 at 10:05:06AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo écrivait:
> > I'd like to add a chapter:
> >
> >   - working with the upstream maintainers
>
> Something else I wanted to add is :
> « What you always wanted to know about X »
> where X is "the ftpmasters", "the release manager", "the listmasters",
> "the webmasters", "the debian-admin team", "the new-maintainer team",
> "the QA team", "the security team", "the policy team" ...
>
> Sometimes we have to write everything from scratch, sometimes we just
> have to write an introduction and to give a link to somewhere else.

Raphaël,

Sounds like a chapter on "Debian Teams", I like this concept.  While you
may get a chapter co-maintainer, it would be good to clearly assign
responsibility for content to a representative from each team.  If you
provide an example and guidelines for what's expected this may help.
While it's not a real team, I would add "porting teams" to the list.

In a policy document you want to keep it very brief: purpose, goals,
URL, maybe a few lines on how the team functions.  In a document with
more details each team can elaborate a bit.

Cheers,

--
-- Grant Bowman                                <grantbow@grantbow.com>