Re: Woody 3.0

Schuller Friedrich wrote:
> Eine einfache Frage: Gibt es einen Terminplan wann Debian 3.0 STABLE ist??
> Sollte ich warten oder mit 2.2r3 weiterarbeiten...

At first you should double-check that you're posting to a mailing list
that accepts mails in German.  Debian-project is an internationa list
and thus its language is English.

Woody will be stable when it is ready.  Sorry, we can't say more.  If
you want to see details, you should read the debian-devel-announce
list[1] or its summaries in DWN[2].

Until it is stable, you're free to use the current stable distribution
(2.2) at its current revision (r5 is released, r6 will be in two
weeks) or use the current testing (=woody) distribution, which is
rather stable but is still target of several problems and changes.  If
you don't need features or programs from woody, I'd say stick with
potato for the moment, watch security announcements[3] and update
regularily.  Additionally, you may want to read what Pro-Linux wrote
yesterday[4].

Links:
1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/
2. http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/
3. http://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/
4. http://www.pro-linux.de/news/2002/3998.html

Regards,

	Joey

--
The MS-DOS filesystem is nice for removable media.  -- H. Peter Anvin