Re: Withdrawal of the General Resolution about IRC

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 11:44:30PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Branden Robinson wrote:
> > This simply is not true, as I've said over and over again elsewhere.
> > Ask the people who were there years ago, before you went by the nick
> > "wiggy".
>
> I was there when the channel was created actually (ok, maybe 1 or 2
> days later).

And when do you assert that was?  Furthermore, if you only showed up in
the channel 1 or 2 days after its creation, you cannot have been its de
facto founder (whom chanserv regards as "Founder" can be changed, and
has been given the number of IRC daemon and services software upgrades
OPN has seen in the past few years, about half of which have occurred it
the past week, it seems).

The channel predated my developership by some weeks (IIRC, my account
was created on 14 January 1998), and at that time it was developer-only.

Furthermore, I recall you going by "wichert" for some time, not adopting
the "wiggy" nick until after you were elected DPL.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     What influenced me to atheism was
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     reading the Bible cover to cover.