Re: Withdrawal of the General Resolution about IRC

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 10:49:02AM -0800, Chris Waters wrote:
> I am one of those people who was there when "wiggy" was "wichert", and
> I was told at the time that #dd was *not* restricted to developers.

Who told you that?  I was told in ~January 1996 that only developers
were allowed.  When I became one (about that same time), I was allowed
in without fuss.

For the first few weeks of my existence on OPN, as I recall, I went by
"branden".  Now, who remembers THAT?  :)

> In fact there was one rather controversial regular at the time who'd
> been rejected as a maintainer.

Who was that?  Maybe it will help jog my memory.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Reality is what refuses to go away
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     when I stop believing in it.