Re: FYI: Debian mailing lists' code of conduct

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 09:48:52AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > What's wrong with, say, attaching a patch, or a script log? Especially on
> > the list like debian-user and debian-testing, where these things are often
> > necessary to be able to diagnose a problem.
>
> You can include them in email without using bletcherous attachments.

They're not bletcherous... they more clearly indicate if something is an
external part of a message, and it's easier to save them to a local file,
and you don't have to edit the file afterwards to remove the rest of the
e-mail.

Of course, HTML mails plus attached 1MB PPT files are bletcherous, but I
wasn't talking about those. :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.