Re: Random BTS musings

Le Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 09:16:10PM +0200, Josip Rodin écrivait:
> On related note, I think bug(1) and reportbug(1) should emphasize _less_ on
> the severity value of the bugs. It's clearly something that the average user
> shouldn't even know about, and something that the developer needs to address.
> So, basically, the question they ask about the severity should not be "What
> severity do you want to set?" (followed by a full screen of blather), it
> should be "Do you want to set a severity? (default is fine usually)". Or
> even something more hidden.

True. In fact, it could be something like that :

Is your report a wish ? [yes/NO]
If yes, go directly to explanation
Else do you want to set a severity ? [yes/NO]
  If yes Which severity do you want ? [normal]
  Else use severity normal by default

Or something along those lines (my english can be better rephrased).

Cheers,
Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguer sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com