Re: Question re aptitude/deity

> Can any of you guys outlined what, if any, the relationship is between
> aptitude and deity as they both appear to perform roughly the same
> functions.  I'm wondering which is likely to replace dselect, if that is
> the intention, or if there are intended to compliment each other.

They are different projects and (at least to me, being one of the deity
developers) meant to provide users with more choices about how they want
to interact with the Debian package management system. dselect is not
likely to go away, deity/aptitude will just be alternatives that people
can use.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>