Re: exhibition kits

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:14:41 -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
>On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 03:06:34PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>> I would heartily recommend putting together some kind of affordable
>> "exhibition kit".  Every time I've seen a Debian booth (well, only
>> twice, in the LWE in New York) it's been pretty pathetetic on the
>> face of it.  It was fun, of course, putting faces to names that I've
>> seen, but I think some effort should be made in terms of having a
>> booth be a more visible less, uh, amateurish.
>>
>> If there's any will to get this done, I might be able to hook folks
>> up with some pro-bono designer types who have experience with such
>> things...
>>
>> A topic for debian-project ?
>
>Very much so, let's start some context on this subject. It's one of the
>goals I'd like to see reached.

Something else that we get regularly ar press@d.o are reauests for CDs
and tshirts and similar items for LUGs, installfests etc.  It would be
nice if in the course of looking at 'show kits' we could also look into
this issue, since they are somewhat similar.

The problem with press kits is that they change every time, and we need
someone to assemble them and send them off.  I guess we have enough CD
vendors willing... maybe all that's missing is a bit of coordination and
a list ov vendors willing to do this sort of thing.

Regards,
Nils.