Re: CLarksville Linux Users Group

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 04:41:20PM +0000, Larry Greenleaf wrote:
> A few weeks ago, I sent you the following email and have not yet gotten
> a reply.  I can't tell you
> enough how much your support helps not only our LUG, but every LUG.
> Please send any
> software/information to:
> [...]
>
> To whom it may concern,
>
>     My name is Larry Greenleaf and I am the vice president of the
> CLarksville Linux Users Group. We are a group of Linux enthusiasts
> who wish to spread the good word about the almighty penguin and
> show people that they are not bound by the constraints of certain other
> operating systems that shall remain nameless. I am writing to you to
> enquire about the possibly of getting some software from you to pass
> out at our demo days. We have 20-30 people in our LUG. We generally
> do a demo day every three months or so depending upon availability of
> software. I cannot stress enough how support from large vendors, such as
>
> yourselves, play in advocating Linux. People like to get free stuff so

Please see http://www.debian.org/.  You will ascertain very quickly
that we are a volunteer organisation, not a large vendor.  We produce
CD images (http://cdrom.debian.org/) but do not actually produce or
sell CDs ourselves.  If you are looking for Debian CDs, please ask a
CD-ROM distributor.  Or maybe there is some nice person out there
willing to donate some CDs?

Good luck in your endeavours!

   Julian

         Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, Queen Mary, Univ. of London
       Debian GNU/Linux Developer,  see http://people.debian.org/~jdg
  Donate free food to the world's hungry: see http://www.thehungersite.com/