Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included

I take it back.

Binaries do not need to have the GPL with them, according to the GPL,
at least not directly.

Rather, a binary can only be distributed if you also distribute
source.  Source can only be distributed if you put a copy of the
license in with it, according to the terms of the license.

And this is what Debian does.  We distribute source and binary
packages; it's already been settled that we don't need to force people
to download the sources with the binaries.  (But CD-printers must be
wary; it is illegal for them to distribute only binaries; linuxcare's
little disks, for example, are GPL violations.)

And our source packages do contain copies of the GPL, as they must.

Thomas