Re: Incoming

On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 03:30:01AM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> I don't think so, ftp is going to remain turned off on that machine.  If
> you can't fetch things from the web, but can via ftp I think you have some
> serious 'issues' ;>

HTTP tends to be one of the first things that gets forced through a
proxy when people try to conserve bandwidth, while FTP generally gets
left alone.  In some cases I've even seen HTTP proxies that won't fetch
things except from other proxies ("we're not paying for downloads for
you, but if there's a copy hanging around...").

Anyway, it's not a major issue - access to Incoming is normally not
essential.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/