Re: RFC: Changing the NM system

Chuan-kai Lin <cklin@oink.cc.ntu.edu.tw> writes:

> think there is nothing wrong with it.  It is official: packaging is
> the only sexy part of Debian, and we cannot care less if it is some
> Random J. Dummy authoring web contents for us.

Correct, I couldn't care less about who is making Debian web
content. What I care about is whom I give root acces to my servers
each time I writes "apt-get upgrade".

Web content, translations and all that is important but it isn't
nearly as exploitable as packages. I depend on debian packages is in a
fairly non-destructive state when I install them[0] thats why I would
like to have made sure that new developers can make some basic packages.

0) Yes, I'm running unstable and it's my own fault if something
   breaks.