Re: Fear the new maintainer process

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> Agreed, and their lack of interest might be holding up others in the NM
> process that ARE willing to contribute. NM team needs to set a hard limit
> on how long they will persue a potential developer, after that they get
> dequeued.

Why not processing sponsored developers separately ?
I'm one of the numerous people that has not been assigned a AM yet. However,
like some others, I do maintain packages in Debian, I have a sponsor, a signed
GPG key and ID and I've already perform some of the tasks from NM-4 (filling but
reports, etc).
Till last september, I was adviced not to apply to new-maintainer because
this seemed to be useless, at that moment. And now, I'm deep in the nm-list.

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@IDEALX.com>

| IDEALX - Open Source Engineering / Ingénierie Open Source |
| http://IDEALX.com                                         |