Re: An ammendment (Re: Formal CFV: General Resolution to Abolish Non-Free)

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 10:14:54PM -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:
> My post was made solely to point out the illogic of Hamish Moffatt's
> equivalence between "throwing out the Social Contract on a whim", which was
> what he accused John Goerzen of attempting to do, and the text of John's
> General Resolution, which, whatever its faults, cannot reasonably be
> construed as a repeal or withdrawl of the Social Contract.
>
> In the GR thread on -devel I posted a quite exhaustive analysis, for which
> I was serverely chastised, of the committments made by the Social Contract
> and exactly which of those committments are affected by this proposed GR.

Ok.

Please don't take my post personally.

I just want to emphasize that I think we should change the constitution
before we deal with John's changes.  [Not that I feel up to drafting
the constitutional ammendment -- maybe after I get some other things
off my plate.]

Thanks,

--
Raul