     > [snip]
    >> I too would be forced to use another dist if the non-free
    >> software was no longer maintained by debian.

     > this is wrong. Redhat only have ONE cd as their well-organized
     > distro, other packages are added by others (even w/o a policy
     > for quality), while Debian, even the GR passed, could still
     > gives you more. (3rd parties could still give you the packages
     > you needed.)

     > So your point on anti-the-GR is meanless here.  (BTW, i'm still
     > thinking about the GR, and get some enlightenments from both
     > side, and I appreciate it. But obviouslly here quite some
     > meaningless arguments against the GR here.)

No, its not meaningless. If I have to collect my debs from all over
the net instead of a central place I can go and use redhat or other
distribution or just compile all from source to make sure it all
fits. Having it all from one place and all compatible is one of the
points to use Debian.

Just look at all the problems rpm has from too many producers.

Mfg
	Goswin