Re: Debian is about providing the best free operating system

branden@ecn.purdue.edu (Branden Robinson) added:

> No, what separates us from a "pure advocacy group" is the fact that
> we actually produce, distribute, and maintain a 100% free operating
> system, per section 1 of the social contract.

No!?  Why do you say "no"?  Which part of what I said are you
disagreeing with?

Isn't our purpose to build a quality, non-commercial Linux (and Hurd)
distribution?

Are we a pure advocacy group?

It is true that "we actually produce, distribute, and maintain a 100%
free operating system."  I don't dispute that.  I would assume that this
would coincide with our mission to produce a quality, non-commercial
Linux (and Hurd) distribution?  Don't you agree?  Are you saying that
these two goals are incompatible?

I am sorry, but I don't understand.

- Brian