Re: Debian is about providing the best free operating system

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 12:33:30AM -0400, Brian Mays wrote:
> Consider this: we all agree that Debian has the purpose of promoting
> free software; however, our purpose also is to build a quality
> non-commercial distribution of Linux (and now Hurd, as the project
> grows).  Do not forget that.  It is what separates us from a pure
> advocacy group.

No, what separates us from a "pure advocacy group" is the fact that we
actually produce, distribute, and maintain a 100% free operating system,
per section 1 of the social contract.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |         Yesterday upon the stair,
Debian GNU/Linux               |         I met a man who wasn't there.