Re: Some more reality..

Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> The numbers: (non-free + contrib = total)
> [ prior to this point I have no record I non-free stuff, I do not recall
>   if it existed or not. ]
>     bo:   69 +   0 =  67 (combined non-free/contrib)
>   hamm:  183 +  78 = 261
>  slink:  225 +  77 = 302
> potato:  236 + 101 = 337
> [numbers are by source package]
>
> That looks like pretty steady growth to me. Clearly someone finds these
> things usefull or people wouldn't be still be creating new packages!

Hm, that seems to parallel general archive growth pretty well.
(http://kitenet.net/programs/debhelper/stats/ for a graph of that)

I'm not sure what it means though. I guess people must be finding all
the packages that have been added to the archive in the past year to be
useful, but I only use 3 or 4 of them ...

This growth of non-free could be just another symptom of the
package-anything-that-moves mentality and the
split-packages-into-tiny-little-fragements movement.

--
see shy jo