a debian user's vote for the GR

Hi,

I have been a Debian user for year and a half now. After having come
from a Red Hat background, I came to love the quality that Debian
offered.  However, although I did use a few packages from non-free
like Netscape for a while, I found free replacements like Mozilla and
lynx-ssl were more than good enough, so I removed non-free and contrib
from my sources.list.  (I had thought that Netscape was free software,
but I had gotten it confused with Mozilla)

I really appreciate the division Debian makes between the two, because
I love to share software and ideas with my friends, and I know that I
can share everything from 'main'.

I am for this General Resolution because it only enhances what I see
as the best part of Debian; the focus on free software.

I had to manually remove contrib and non-free from my sources.list
file to make sure I didn't accidentally install software that was not
free.  I was (and still am) a bit disturbed that this is the default;
I hope that future users of the Debian system will not have to go to
this trouble.