Re: A User's View on Non-Free

Hi.

In article <[🔎] 20000607123959.A8711@false.org>,
  at Wed, 7 Jun 2000 12:39:59 -0700,
    on Re: A User's View on Non-Free,
 Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 03:02:39PM -0400, Buddha Buck wrote:
> > I disagree.  While debian-project exists, it isn't known to every developer
> > or other
> > interested party (like myself).  A proposal to do something as broadreaching
> > as amending
> > the Social Contract needs to be discussed in as wide a forum as possible.
>
> So announce that the discussion will be on it, first.
>
> This is the list where discussions of the Social Contract belong.  Not
> everyone reads -devel.

For the record, I am a member of Debian, but now I don't read -devel
becuase it takes too much time from me. I am busy to read the topics
on -boot, -www, -x, -doc, -sgml, -i18n, and so on, in order to work
on the area where my skill works. I am not interested in many vaporideas
and fantasies on -devel. When I wish to read the topic on -devel, I use
the lists-archives on our www site.

So if you wish to reach every developer, and if you believes it realy
worth, then use -devel-announce for only announcement. Do not forget
to add "Reply-To: " header appropriately. Thanks.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>