Re: A User's View on Non-Free

Buddha Buck wrote:

> [...]

Your disagreement was based on previous ignorance of the availability
and topic of the debian-project list.  Since you now know, you ought to
agree.

via
the home page (edited only for formatting):

	debian-project
		Debian project related non-technical (i.e. political,
		organizational, etc.) discussions.
			Moderated: no     Subscription: open
	debian-devel
		This is the main discussion list for development topics.
		All developers should be subscribed to this list.
		As it is open to the public anyone can join the discussion.
			Moderated: no     Subscription: open

debian-project is as open as debian-user, and anyone who wants to
follow,
and/or comment on, this issue ought to do so in debian-project.  An
announce-
ment in debian-devel and debian-user should be sufficient.  I'm
interested
in the debate (currently I'm anti-"get rid of non-free", but pro-"valid
proposal:
vote on it"), but I'd like debian-devel to stay free for development
issues,
and debian-user to stay free for the topic of using Debian.