Re: Incoming

Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 at 01:43:48AM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > In the process of enacting the policy change to disallow ftp, the question
> > came up about incoming.
> >
> > It has been suggested that we make incoming available via a path like
> > http://incoming.debian.org/incoming and most likely dismantle the incoming
> > mirror network (all 4 of them :>).
> >
> > This would only be for maintainers to tell people that they can fetch a
> > certain version of a package from incoming directly if it has not yet been
> > installed (particularly during freezes)
> >
> > What do you all think?
>
> Sounds OK. I think it would be safer if end users didn't download from
> incoming at all, but that's just me. I always upload my packages to a local
> FTP server as well and notify anyone who needs them early where to get
> them.

During freeze when packages can take n days until they're installed
it is important that people are able to fetch packages from the incoming
directory.

The same applies to packages with a Xu, they're not usable and not
installable partially.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Never trust an operating system you don't have source for!