Re: Incoming

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 12:20:20AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 at 01:43:48AM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > It has been suggested that we make incoming available via a path like
> > http://incoming.debian.org/incoming and most likely dismantle the incoming
> > mirror network (all 4 of them :>).
>
> Sounds OK. I think it would be safer if end users didn't download from
> incoming at all, but that's just me. I always upload my packages to a local
> FTP server as well and notify anyone who needs them early where to get
> them.

Until dinstall does some form of dependency checking, it is vital that
users can get packages from incoming.

All who've been bitten by a split package with one half stuck in
incoming raise your hands.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed