Re: LOGO

Someone on debian-devel just pointed us to the similarity between our logo
and the one chosen for the Crusoe processor from http://www.transmeta.com/
Maybe we should just all use the same logo, create a web ring between the
pages, and go with the motto "'Crusoe running Debian GNU/Linux takes the
world by storm' (see german weather forecast for predictions)" :) thus
incorporating all of us in a giant marketing scheme...

Then, off course, we could get the DWD to use the Crusoe processor running
Debian to predict the weather, and the scheme would be perfect.

Frankly, I don't see a problem between similar logos (they're also not
_that_ similar) as long as they're for different things, and quite frankly
I'm hard pressed to find a similarity between the German weather service and
Debian, or Debian and a processor (although they're more closely related to
each other than to the weather- someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

Regards, Nils.
ps. alternate marketing strategies welcome!

--
Nils Lohner                             E-Mail: lohner@debian.org
Debian Project                          Web: http://www.debian.org/