Re: Proposed change to Debian constitution

On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, Martin Schulze wrote:

> Anand Kumria wrote:

> > > Wichert hasn't failed for that and this is not Wicherts fault.  Don't
> > > make it one.  Wichert, Dwarf and myself were discussing things recently.
> >
> > James Troup and myself were discussing things in March.  James, at the
> > time, said you and he were thinking of what to do.
>
> Right.  And not throwing away the sucker at once would have shown
> the clueful how important we consider the new-maintainer department.

Right.  And not doing anything for 6 months would show the clueful how
important you consider new-maintainer, really.

Failing to grasp that I was responding to your point about
this not being Wichert's fault is what you missed. But perhaps I was
too subtle.

This is wholly Wichert's fault. If he felt there were problems back in
May and could not (or would not) do anything to assist you (even the
simple thing of making an announcement about it) then he failed.

Anand