Re: Release?

David Welton <davidw@master.debian.org> writes:

> So, how are we doing?  Last thing, we were waiting on boot floppies.
> It seems as if we are moving further away from "release mode".
> Anything that can be done to help besides work on boot-floppies?

Perl-base is bug-riddled.  Modconf is bug-riddled.  The latter in
particular is totally unaccceptable (i.e., broken) and we can't
release in it's current state.  Please please please somebody work on
it.  I know this isn't the QA list, but on behalf of the boot-floppies
team, I ask (a) that base stabilize and not keep changing (util-linux
just recently was changed to use ncurses rather than slang, and that
totally fsck's us up), and (b) that bug-fixing efforts focus on base.

Likewise, we don't yet for all architecture have the kernels we need
in unstable.  I think alpha kernels were uploaded recently, thank god.
However, there still need to be a couple of i386 kernels (ide patch,
possible one for laptops, maybe others).

Boot-floppies is moving along, but probably won't be in really good
shape until Jan 1.  Which is not the delaying factor, really, given
the bugginess of base at this time.