Re: Submitting bugs ? (Was: Getting rid of section "base" ?)

On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 12:03:44AM +0100, Yann Dirson wrote:
>  base-files		admin ? misc ?
>  base-passwd		admin ? misc ?

I think we can keep a section named "base".  Some packages, like the
above, as well as the kernel packages, fit naturally into that section.
We just drop the rule about its connection with the boot-floppies.

>  ldso			admin ? libs ?

I'd say libs.  It is the ueber-library.

>  mbr			admin ?

It doesn't seem to fit well anywhere.  Perhaps misc, or just leave it in base.

>  ncurses-base		libs ?

libs, admin, or base.

>  setserial		utils ? admin ?

utils, I think.  It's similar to the stuff in util-linux.

>  gettext-base		libs ?

Not sure.

>  libnet-perl		interpreters ? net ?

Either is fine.  Perhaps we need a perl section.

>  isapnptools		utils ?

Definitely utils.

>  pcmcia-cs		utils ?
>  pcmcia-modules-*	utils ?