Re: Getting rid of section "base" ?

On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 09:58:35PM -0500, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> > About "daemon" interface, I'd rather classify a daemon as "Nature:
> > server; ClientInterface: whatever-if-useful".  I see 2 orthogonal
> > issues here.
>
>   Hmm.  Most daemons don't come packaged with a client, and clients can use
> different interfaces (just look at the different WWW or FTP clients..)  Or am
> I missing something?

How about this?

/net/web/daemons
Clients: /net/web/clients

But remember that navigator is a web and ftp client, so how about links?

/net/ftp/clients/navigator -> /net/web/clients/navigator

Hmm, about the idea that you can tell which programs are able to view a
certain file format, how about the same for protocols a program support?

--
Sarel Botha

99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code,
          fix one bug, compile it again...
          101 little bugs in the code....