Re: Package Pools (List change, Lalo please notice)

On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 09:55:03PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> Darren O. Benham wrote:
> > For the official record, as Debian Project Secretary, I have not received a
> > formal proposal and the only message I read on debian-project (I thought)
> > said "draft".
>
> He said he had planned to post it as a draft but he was worried about time
> constraints. I got the impression he ment it to be a proposal.

It wasn't posted on -vote where proposals go.  If I have to parse -devel
(and now -project where most of the volume is SUPPOSED to go), I can very
easily miss proposals.  That's one of the reasons -vote was created, for
proposals....

So, for the official record, Debian Project Secretary hasn't received a
formal proposal...

- Debian Project Secretary

P.S. I know this one is coming and I can prepare for it but during the logo
thing I had actually missed a proposed logo (which had enough seconds, I
believe) because it was proposed to -devel.  I want to be sure something
like that doesn't happen again and so I'm going to be a little anal about
having it go to either -vote or secretary@d.o.  I'd prever -vote because
the first thing I'll do is use Mutt's bounce feature to send it there ;)