Re: new release process (package pool) being proposed

On Mon, Oct 25, 1999 at 01:30:44PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Martin Schulze wrote:
>
> > Thus if the project (or the project leader) wants things to be
> > done with the archive, the ftpmasters have to get it implemented
> > (with or without help from others) or they will have to be replaced.
>
> True, however I feel that any proposal like this that is made without
> consulting them or the release manager is less likely to succeed.

Now on these kinds of practical grounds I can understand what
you mean. Thanks a lot.

Anyway, my feeling is that it's a hard decision, involving all
maintainers, and something that has been brought up again and
again for over an year, so it's time we discuss it seriously
and by all means _vote_. If we find out that this is what we
want, then we do whatever is necessary. IMVHO.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----
                 Resistance is futile.