Re: new release process (package pool) being proposed

[Lame cross post to -announce removed, gah]

> The ftpmasters do their work for the project.  They exist
> on behalf of the project.  The project does not exist as result
> of the ftpmasters, it's vice versa.

However, the FTP masters are the resident experts in field of 'ftp archive
mainti', ignoring their advice, or simply not soliciting it is probably
not a wise idea in the long run.

That said, this proposal has no meaning without an actual implementation
of 'Package Pools', and none exists yet. However I know of at least 2
efforts to make one, so maybe it should be shelved until one gets
finished? [It is not a trivial problem and it is a huge amount of effort
to implement!]

Jason