Re: LWN subscription for the Debian Project

Hi, Branden,

We're really not ignoring your question.  Keeping up with life has been a
bit of a challenge recently.

> Would you be interested in donating an LWN subscription to the Debian
> Project?

I would sure like to have all Debian developers be able to read LWN.  It
*is* a good source of news...as well as the source of the distribution I
run on my desktop.  The problem, of course, is that if we start handing out
free subscriptions to free software developers, we immediately lose much of
our potential subscriber base.

Here is what I would like to see: how about if one or more of the companies
that benefit from the Debian distribution team up to buy a group
subscription for the project?  We would make that subscription as cheap as
we possibly could (I don't have a number at hand currently).  That strikes
me as the best way to do something for both us and Debian.

How's that sound?

jon

Jonathan Corbet
Executive editor, LWN.net