Re: Archive size explosion.

I. Forbes wrote:
> The trouble is that there is no easy way for a down stream mirror to
> select just portions of debian such as "stable i386".

I don't think retrieving, say, dists/testing/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz
from a site nearby and afterwards parsing that file to get the correct
files in the pool/ tree is that difficult?

No I didn't implement it, nor do I know whether anybody else did, but
it doesn't sound that problematic to me...

Which doesn't mean that the idea you sent around ain't good, this is
just a "work around".

cheers,
Remco.