Re: Fear the new maintainer process

On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 06:15:00PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 11:58:16AM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> > > How can this "holding up" happen? And if it indeed can happen, this
> > > is an inherent problem of the process, and the process should be
> > > changed to allow for such delays without holding other people up.
> > >
> > > They don't need to "persue" something, they just need to wait.
> >
> > Actively monitoring "delayed" applicants (to recheck their status etc.)
> > does take time, no matter how you engineer the process.
>
> So in your estimation, how much time does this active monitoring
> consume for let's say 12 stalled applicants over a period of one year?

If they, let's assume, check the applicant no more than once a month, I
suspect no more than 20 hours in a year. However, compare that to how much
time the NM team spends total, not just plain hours in a year. Then also
see how long it takes to process one NM, to see how many ppl we would have
lost because of this time lost. I would think that kills off processing
of atleast 2 possible NM in that year. Now if none of those 12 (and I
suspect 12 is rather low for non-responding applicants within a year),
then we gained nothing, and lost 2 possible NM's.

Ben