cups 2.3.3op2-3+11u2 on bullseye picks manual tray on HP M252dw

Platform: debian 11.4 "bullseye" on amd64
          cups 2.3.3op2-3+11u2
          HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw, driverless, cups-filters 1.28.7

My HP Color LaserJet consistently prints from the manual tray, which it
calls "Tray 1".

I opened "System->Adminstration->Print Settings" from the debian menu.

I double clicked on the printer HP_Color_LaserJet_Pro_M252dw_501595_

In "Printer Properties"->"Print Options" there is the setting "Media source".

"Media source" is a dropdown with the values
 Automatic
 Manual
 Tray 1
 Tray 2

I have tried the settings "Automatic" (the default) and "Tray 1" and
"Tray 2" and all of them uses the manual tray, which the printer display
calls "Tray 1".

I saw no point in trying the "Manual" setting.

I have googled and found the cups-filters issue https://github.com/OpenPrinting/cups-filters/issues/193

cups-filters issue 193 linked to a cups issue https://github.com/apple/cups/issues/5740

cups issue #5470 in turn, linked to a debian pull request https://github.com/OpenPrinting/cups/pull/23
the pull request refers to: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=949315
Bug 949315 is closed as fixed.

The pull request had milestone v2.3.3op1 so this fix should be in
v2.3.3op2 which is what bullseye currently has.

Is this a regression?

Or is this fix something different than what I see?

Thanks!

- Steinar