HP Toolbox

The hplip-gui, aka, HP Toolbox, has a problem.  It no longer appears under the Debian Buster menu system.  This makes it impossible to start except from command line.

Also, when attempting to run hp-doctor, the error message is:
error: cupsext not present in the system. Please re-install HPLIP.

Reinstallation does not work, nor does complete removal and then new install.

Further, the problem of the system holding jobs to print has become a big issue.  If I reset the printer by unplugging it and the USB cable and then starting it up again, that process does not solve the problem.  However, if I get the toolbox to work and have it print a test page, it works just fine, and it bypasses the jobs in the queue.

Since there is no way to release the jobs, they cannot be printed, and they block other jobs coming after them.  If I use cups, then I can attempt to release the jobs, but they do not release.

I am using Debian Buster with all latest updates, with Xfce 4.12 and an HP Photosmart C3100 series printer.

Thanks.