Re: driverless printing awesomeness

On 02/07/2021 21:52, Brian Potkin wrote:
Thank you for your appreciative mail. Is the device USB- or
network-connected?

Also thanks for your mail. Great to also hear from an Epson user (Epson ET-3750) that our driverless printing support is working.

It's USB connected.

You are using ipp-usb.

The author of ipp-usb, Alexander Pevzner (CCed), got inspired to create it when I tested his sane-airscan with the former ippusbxd (now discontinued and replaced by ipp-usb), and showed him that his driverless scanning does also work on USB (and that not even being IPP). I (and many other users) did a lot of testing with Alex.

You should get driverless scanning too; installing sane-airscan
would be a good move. If you follow this advice, please give

  scanimage -L

  airscan-discover

Thanks for letting me know! Should airscan work over USB too?

For me it work perfectly on the HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 (both network and USB), after a lot of testing and debugging with Alex. So if it does not work perfectly for you, please "reply-to-all" right on this e-mail and Alex will solve the problem with you (and add your printer to the "hall of fame" on https://github.com/alexpevzner/sane-airscan#compatibility).